Ah, summer! Picnics, ball games, swimming in the pool or at the beach, boating, gardening, hiking and just enjoying the out-of-doors…these are the wonders of summer! But all these activities can put the skin at risk for over-exposure to the elements and skin cell damage. During summer months, It is especially important to develop a regular practice of healthy skin and face care.
- Cleanse Daily – Use a gentle cleanser morning and night that rids the body of harmful pore clogging elements. Be sure that you remove makeup before going to bed and look for face cleansing and toning products rich in antioxidants to promote healthy skin.
- Drink Plenty of Water – Water is important for cell hydration. Since approximately 65% of the human body is composed of water, replenishing water is essential for healthy summer skin and face care. Drink six to eight glasses of water each day to cleanse the body of toxins and to rehydrate.
- Eat foods high in antioxidants – By selecting foods that are high in antioxidants, you reduce free radicals that damage cells. According to the USDA, a diet high in antioxidants reduces the risk of many diseases and promotes health throughout the body. As a general rule of thumb, the brighter the fruit or vegetable color, the higher they are in antioxidants.
- Use Moisurizer – A moisturizer acts as a shield against harsh environmental elements that can age the skin. For healthy summer skin and face care, choose a moisturizer that contains antioxidants and natural products.
- Use Sun Screen – As popular as it is to have a healthy sun-kissed glow, the sun is skin’s worst enemy! Unprotected exposure to sun can lead to wrinkles, premature aging, skin damage and skin cancer. Even for those with darker skin tones who say they don’t burn, it is important to use a sunscreen with a high SPF rating that protects tender skin cells against the sun’s ultraviolet rays.
Follow these 5 tips and you’re on your way to healthy summer skin and face care! Watch for our next post on Wick-edly Sent’s Face Care Products that include antioxidants and other natural products that help create and sustain a great complexion.